Wednesday, September 28, 2011

NaNoWriMo

For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo is, take a look. In short, it's a yearly challenge to write a 50,000-word novel in 30 days. Sounds daunting, huh? Don't get me wrong, fifty-thousand words is a lot to write (about 1666.67 a day), but as the website states, the whole challenge is based on quantity, not quality. I am going to be a first-timer to the website this year, and though it's probably a bad idea, I want to look at this as something that will challenge me in two ways.

Firstly, is length of the novel. That, alone, will be difficult for someone like me who's only ever written a 7,500-word short story. Secondly, however, I also want to look at this as a challenge to write something decent, that's worth its figurative weight. We'll see how well this ends up panning out, but heck, I'll be happy if I'm even able to reach 25,000 words on my own.

Either way, this will be fun! If anyone else wants to try this, add keystrokegraffiti, and we'll be writing buddies! It'll give you the chance to laugh at my timid effort to reach 1,600 words a day, while still attempting to hold some sort of merit in my writing. (Haw!)

Good luck, come November!

[Currently listening to: Ha Ha Tonka - Usual Suspects]

No comments:

Post a Comment