Friday, September 23, 2011

Google+

For me, social networking websites are what I use to stay connected, and share interesting things with the people that I know. I don't like using them to waste time, and I don't like using them to keep myself busy (one of the reasons I haven't gotten a smartphone yet).

It seems like using a social networking website for entertainment is like having an addiction to vicariousness. Add to that, the little flash games that everyone plays to keep their attention in between friends' posts, and it just becomes a gigantic, thought-suppressing engine of complacence.

I'm not sure that Google+ will be much different, but I at least want to go out on a limb and give it a shot. With a great suggestion from a friend of a friend, whose advice I will link to, I'll try to make Google+ an open range full of creativity, art, and intellect. I'll definitely let you all know how it turns out, and I encourage you to give it a shot as well. What's the worst that could happen?

How to make Google+ worth the effort

Check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment